Colloquial Arabic (Levantine) - A Complete Course For Beginners
By Leslie McLoughlin
Updated for 2015 - now with audio download!
Colloquial Arabic (Levantine) provides a step-by-step course in Levantine Arabic as it is used today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Levantine Arabic in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key and bilingual glossaries.
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Arabic (Levantine) is an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Levantine Arabic.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format here or from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B1 of the Common European Framework for Languages and at the Intermediate-Low on the ACTFL proficiency scales.