Colloquial Cambodian - A Complete Course For Beginners
By David Smyth
Colloquial Cambodian provides a step-by-step course in Cambodian as it is written and spoken today.
Colloquial Cambodian has been developed by a linguist and an experienced Cambodian language professor and combines an accessible approach with a thorough treatment of the language, equipping learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Cambodian in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive, and rewarding, Colloquial Cambodian is an indispensable resource both for independent learners and for students taking courses in Cambodian.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format here or from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.