Colloquial Yiddish - The Complete Course for Beginners
by Lily Kahn
Updated for 2015 - now with audio download!
Specially written by an experienced teacher, Colloquial Yiddish offers a step-by-step approach to Yiddish as it is spoken and written today.
Colloquial Yiddish provides the first widely available, easily accessible, comprehensive Yiddish course designed primarily for the twenty-first-century international English-speaking independent learner and suitable for use in Yiddish classes worldwide.
Each unit presents numerous grammatical points that are reinforced with a wide range of exercises for regular practice. A full answer key can be found at the back as well as useful vocabulary summaries throughout.
Key features include:
- graded development of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- realistic and entertaining dialogues
- jargon-free and clearly structured grammatical explanations
- a range of dynamic and appropriate supporting exercises
- supplementary texts presenting many of the most significant and relevant aspects of Yiddish culture.
By the end of this rewarding course you will be able to communicate confidently and effectively in Yiddish in a broad range of situations.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format here or from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.