Complete Hungarian Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself by Zsuzsa Pontifex
360-page book (with 40 illustrations) and double CD.
Are you looking for a complete course in Hungarian which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Hungarian will guarantee success!
Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but now with added learning features within the course and online.
The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast.
Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Hungary.
Innovative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- A practical course designed for the complete beginner, even if you have never studied any languages before.
- Part 1 contains enough information for you to communicate confidently on a holiday or business trip.
- Part 2 builds on the language skills acquired in Part One and is for students who want an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Hungarian.
Table of Contents:
- PART ONE
- 1. Your passport, please!
- 2. Would you like a black coffee?
- 3. Waiter!
- 4. How much does it cost?
- 5. Where's Blaha Lujza Square?
- PART TWO
- 6. How are things?
- 7. We're moving house on Monday!
- 8. I love going to football matches.
- 9. Are you cold?
- 10. I'll be there at 7.
- 11. What size do you want it in?
- 12. How long are you staying?
- 13. I'll be fishing with Dad.
- 14. And where did you learn to dance?
- 15. Dear Rita,
- 16. I had a very good time.
- 17. What's wrong with you?
- 18. What were your parents like?
- 19. I much prefer it.
- 20. It would have been better if...
- 21. Where shall we go?
- Key to the exercises
- Hungarian-English vocabulary
Complete Hungarian Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Zsuzsa Pontifex was born in Hungary and runs Pontifex Language School, her own Hungarian school in Budapest. She has been teaching Hungarian to diplomats, business people and private individuals since 1989.