Complete Vietnamese Beginner to Intermediate Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Dana Healy
384-page book (with 40 illustrations) and double CD.
Are you looking for a complete course in Vietnamese which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Vietnamese will guarantee success!
Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but now with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast.
Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Vietnam.
- Complete Vietnamese: Teach Yourself allows you to work at your own pace, structuring your learning to suit your needs and your schedule.
- The Vietnamese-English vocabulary will allow you to practise your Vietnamese in a range of situations and thus increase your confidence in communicating.
- Level - suitable for both the complete beginner and the person who wants to brush up existing knowledge
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- I am very pleased to meet you
- You are a secretary, aren’t you?
- Is Vietnamese difficult?
- Do you want to see a photograph of my family?
- What day is it tomorrow?
- Excuse me, what’s the time?
- Do you want to buy anything else?
- Do you still work in the hotel?
- Are you sure this is the way to the History museum?
- Can I see the house?
- Do you have a temperature?
- Do you know a good restaurant?
- Have you seen the weather forecast yet?
- Do you want to leave a message?
- How long does it take for a letter to get to England?
- I hate classical music
- Can I fly to Vietnam via Hong Kong?
- Do you know the highest mountain in Vietnam?
- Revision lesson Translations of dialogues
- Translations of selected texts
- Taking it further
- Key to the exercises
- Vietnamese-English vocabulary
- English-Vietnamese vocabulary
Complete Vietnamese Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Dana Healystudied Vietnamese language and literature at Charles University, Prague. She now teaches courses in Vietnamese language and literature at the School of African and Oriental Studies (SOAS), University of London.