French is Fun with Serge, the Cheeky Monkey! (Salut Serge) by Sue Finnie
This is an entertaining and effective introduction to French for children aged 5-10 years old. Based around the animated characters of Serge, a lovable but cheeky monkey, and his clever friend Pascale the parrot, this fun-filled language pack will get children interested in learning French.
The specially designed components will get kids used to both hearing and speaking French and topics covered include: greetings, colours, animals, likes and dislikes, food and drink, and sports.
- DVD: Ten 15-minute television programmes, each based on a separate topic, give children a wide variety of interesting and relevant language. Extra features include subtitles in French and English, pus interactive games to help reinforce the language learnt.
- Activity Book: With its comical characters and absorbing activities, this colourful activity book offers fun and effective language practice through 40 pages of games, puzzles and cartoon stories.
- Audio CD: Featuring songs and stories from the DVD, this entertaining 80-minute CD also offers games and pronunciation practice linked to the activity book.
- Picture Cards: 48 fun-to-use picture cards present the key language and vocabulary in a clear and attractive format.
- Song Sheets: Sing-a-long to all the catchy songs from the programmes and CD.
- Parents' Guide: Explains key language issues, and offers tips and hints on helping your child to get the best out of French is Fun!
'The variety of skills practised and the quality of materials are excellent. It is great value for money and comes highly recommended!' Francophonie – Journal of the Association of Language Learning
Please note that the enclosed DVD is set for Region 2 (UK and Europe).