Get Started in Latin Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself by G D A Sharpley
If you are an absolute beginner or simply looking for a solid foundation to your language studies for school, work or travel, this engaging course will help get you on your way to speaking, writing, reading and understanding Latin in no time.
Through culture notes, clear language presentations, and extensive practice and review, you will pick up the Latin you need to communicate naturally in everyday situations - from shopping and travelling to food and daily life.
Engaging with our interactive Discovery Method, you'll absorb language rules faster, remember what you learn easily, and put your Latin into use with confidence.
Get Started in Latin has a learner-centered approach that incorporates the following features:
- Outcomes-based approach - focus your learning with clear goals
- Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
- Discovery method -- figure out rules and patterns for yourself to make the language stick
- Self-check and test yourself - see and assess your own progress
- Personalization - use the language in real situations
Note that this pack includes a 2-colour book and an MP3 CD-Rom.
About the Author
A classicist by training, George taught Latin at the University of Bristol for over twenty years to undergraduates, postgraduates and mature students, from beginner level to advanced. He now manages the language-training organisation Lingua (UK).