KLOO's Learn to Speak Spanish Board game - Race to Madrid
Play the game, speak the language
KLOO® has taken the proven five principles of language learning and embedded them in a game system. These principles of language learning are independently corroborated by language experts.
It means you can just play and learn a language at least 200% faster and much more easily.
There is no work, writing or study – just playing, learning naturally and having fun.
A colourful board is available to enhance your game as you take on Family and friends in the race to reach Madrid!
The Learning Principles used in KLOO:
1. The best way to learn is through DISCOVERY LEARNING. That is the natural way we learned our first language. Hardly any products use this. Discovery Learning involves discovering what you want to know, when you want to know it. Some scientists call this the “Aha! Moment” or “Eureka Moment”. It’s when you “get it”. This is how our brains are hot-wired to learn a language.
2. CONTEXT is crucial. By putting words into context you give your new vocabulary meaning. Meaningfulness is a central plank for getting words into your LONG TERM MEMORY. The best technique for learning words is to seek the meaning of a word (because you need to know it) and then use it in a sentence. Using it straight away helps to lock it in.
3. FUN is a hugely important factor but often overlooked. Many people give up learning a language because it becomes a chore. However if you enjoy it, you do it more. The more you do it, the more you learn. KLOO® is definitely FUN.
4. REAL PEOPLE means interacting with real people as opposed to learning from screens or audio devices. We learned our first language by talking with other people and all research shows this is the best way. Speaking with others will massively reduce your learning time. The person you are interacting with does not have to be fluent. A friend, parent or colleague who is willing to interact and learn with you will make a big difference.
5. GENERATIVE means learning how words fit together to make a sentence rather than as unconnected words (as in vocabulary lists). If you learn how to use words in sentences you rapidly build up the number of ways you can express yourself. With just one deck of KLOO® you can make nearly 3 million sentences.
KLOO®'s Learn to Speak Spanish Board game - Race to Madrid
- 4 Decks of KLOO vocabulary cards, Game Board & pieces