Palabra por Palabra Fifth Edition: New Advanced Spanish Vocabulary by Phil Turk
Brand new edition of Hodder Education's hugely popular vocabulary book for advanced learners of Spanish language and culture. Organised by topic, the words and phrases are presented in clear, manageable sections to support students studying advanced level languages.
Palabra por Palabra Fifth Edition New features:
- New entries for technology topics and updates with the latest words, phrases and idioms, such as 'swine flu' and 'credit crunch'
- All topics covered are matched to the latest exam specifications - Updated lists of current web addresses to ensure students have the latest information at their fingertips
- Lists of synonyms have been included to increase students’ repertoire.
Palabra por Palabra Fifth Edition Key features:
- Comprehensive coverage of key vocabulary
- Words and phrases in thematic sections – including Everyday life, Health, Sport, Education, and many more
- Vocabulary organised in a clear, easy-to-use structure, with clear distinction between levels of difficulty from AS to A2 level.
- Entirely revised in line with the latest A Level specifications so you can be sure it covers the vocabulary you need
- Vocabulary is based around specification topics to help you apply this vocabulary in written and oral exams
- Author is an experienced examiner and teacher who knows what is required for examination success
- Up-to-date vocabulary and idioms are included - for example phrases concerning the latest developments in communications and technology
Palabra por Palabra Table of Contents:
Quiero decir …
La gente: la personalidad y el carácter
La gente: la familia y las relaciones personales
La enseñanza El trabajo
La vida urbana
La vida rural
Los transportes, el turismo y las vacaciones
La vida cultural
El medio ambiente
La ciencia y la tecnología
La pobreza y el tercer mundo
La inmigración y el racismo
La guerra y la paz
Las relaciones internacionales
La economía y los negocios
Amigos algo falsos y muy falsos
¡Escoge la palabra correcta!
Algunos verbos útiles
About the Author(s):
Phil Turk has had many years experience as a language teacher, examiner and textbook author.