Polish For Dummies with CD by Daria Gabryanczyk. (Author)
The fast and informal way to learn to speak Polish
Packed with practical lessons, cultural facts and handy references, this book gets you up and running with everything you need to start speaking Polish with confidence. Whether you want to chat with Polish friends at home or find a Thai restaurant while in Krakow, this easy–to–use book and audio CD help you wrap your tongue (and your head) around this tricky language in no time.
- Jump in with both feet – start off with a quick primer on Polish pronunciation, grammar basics and the use of accents and inflections
- Hit the ground running – practise speaking Polish in real–world situations
- Take it on the road – be a confident visitor to Poland – from taking in a museum to getting through Customs; checking into a hotel to ordering a meal
- Get down to business – get a handle on Polish business–speak and the specialised language of Polish office and worksite culture
- Polish your Polish – sharpen your conversational Polish skills with the help of ′Talkin′ the Talk′ dialogues strategically placed throughout the book
Bonus CD includes
Over 30 Polish dialogues to help you get used to spoken Polish and perfect your pronunciation.
Featuring a host of everyday words, sentences and conversations to speak aloud, this CD is an essential companion to the book.
Open the book and find:
- The essentials of Polish pronunciation and grammar
- Greetings, introductions, small talk and basic everyday conversation
- All the Polish that travellers need to know
- Fun facts about Poland and Polish culture
- Ways to speak Polish quickly
- Phrases that make you sound fluent in Polish
- Polish/English mini–dictionary
- Lists of Polish verbs with conjugations
Go to Dummies.com for videos, step–by–step examples, how–to articles or to shop!
- Speak Polish on the go in a variety of everyday situations
- Communicate confidently in Polish
- Get to grips with Polish grammar and vocabulary
Perfect your pronunciation with the audio CD
Polish For Dummies with CD - About the Author
Daria Gabryanczyk holds a degree in Teaching Modern Languages. She has taught Polish literature and Polish as a foreign language to schoolchildren, undergraduates and adults. Daria is a lecturer and an examiner for UK government institutions and London universities, as well as a publisherand a Polish Culture and Business trainer.