Practice Makes Perfect: German Pronouns and Prepositions, Second Edition by Ed Swick
Learn German through practice, practice, practice! For a decade, this has been the go-to workbook for study and mastery of the tricky pronouns and Prepositions, Second Edition of the German language. Now entirely updated, this engaging workbook features contemporary examples, as well as free online audio recordings of all the answers.
Practice Makes Perfect: German Pronouns and Prepositions, Second Edition provides extensive exercises, giving you all the practice you need for mastery. Author Ed Swick also has a uniquely clear way of explaining to you when and why a particular pronoun or preposition should be used, not just the correct forms. Swick also combines clarity of content with a touch of humour, a healthy helping of celebrity references, and an awareness that you will be more interested in language learning that they can relate to their own lives and interests.
- New and updated example sentences and translation passages.
- Free companion website that provides audio recordings of all the answers in McGraw-Hill's unique "Study Player" format.
- Clear explanations and highly entertaining.
- More than 100 engaging exercises, enhanced by free-access online audio + text answers that allows you to improve your accent and confidence in speaking.
Table of contents:
- Introduction; Pronouns;
- Chapter 1. Pronouns in the Nominative Case;
- Chapter 2. Pronouns and Gender;
- Chapter 3. Pronouns in the Accusative Case;
- Chapter 4. Pronouns in the Dative Case;
- Chapter 5. Pronouns in Prepositional Phrases;
- Chapter 6. Direct and Indirect Object Pronouns in the Same Sentence;
- Chapter 7. Possessive Pronouns;
- Chapter 8. Einer / Keiner and Interrogatives Used as Pronouns;
- Chapter 9.< Determiners Used as Pronouns;
- Chapter 10. The Pronoun man;
- Chapter 11. Relative Pronouns;
- Chapter 12. Reflexive Pronouns;
- Chapter 13. Reciprocal Pronouns & Prepositions;
- Chapter 14. Accusative Prepositions;
- Chapter 15. Dative Prepositions;
- Chapter 16. Dative-Accusative Prepositions;
- Chapter 17. Genitive Prepositions;
- Chapter 18. Prepositional Adverbs;
- Chapter 19. Verbs with a Prepositional Object;
- Chapter 20. Adjectives with a Prepositional Object;
- Chapter 21. Prepositions as Prefixes;
- Chapter 22. One Verb – Many Prefixes;
- Chapter 23. Prepositional Contractions;
- Appendix: Prepositions by Case;
- Answer Key
Practice Makes Perfect: German Pronouns and Prepositions, Second Edition - About the Author
Ed Swick has taught ESL for 30 years. He is the author of Practice Makes Perfect: English Grammar for ESL Learners and Practice Makes Perfect: English Sentence Builder.