Complete Estonian Beginner to Intermediate Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Mare Kitsnik and Leelo Kingisepp
320-page book (with 40 illustrations) and double CD.
Are you looking for a complete course in Estonian which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Estonian will guarantee success!
Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but now with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast.
Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Estonia.
- LIVELY, AUTHENTIC LANGUAGE - the words and phrases used by Estonian speakers today
- GRAMMAR IS CLEARLY EXPLAINED - in simple English
- EXERCISES TO REINFORCE UNDERSTANDING - written, audio and pictorial exercises add variety and spice to your learning
- CULTURE SECTIONS - to give you the real flavour and excitement of a visit to Estonia
- BEGINNERS TO INTERMEDIATES - equally suitable for beginners and those needing to brush up their knowledge
- LEARN THE LANGUAGE YOU NEED - for holidays (guides you through the airport, how to ask for tourist information, buying souvenirs), for business trips (jobs, invitations)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Introduction
- Unit 1: Arriving to Estonia
- Unit 2: At the hotel
- Unit 3: Let’s get acquainted
- Unit 4: At the bar / coffee-shop
- Unit 5: Telephone calls
- Unit 6: Let’s go out!
- Unit 7: Buying presents
- Unit 8: I’m feeling sick
- Unit 9: Meeting people
- Unit 10: Hobbys
- Unit 11: Lets’s travel around
- Unit 12: Closer to nature
- Unit 13: Ordering services
- Unit 14: Come to see us!
- Unit 15: When things go wrong
- Unit 16: Let’s rent a car!
- Unit 17: Let’s learn something new!
- Unit 18: Winter holidays
- Unit 19: I’m looking for a job
- Unit 20: Did you know that...?
- Each lesson contains:
- Vocabulary: presentation and exercises
- Grammar: presentation and exercises
- Reading: exercises
- Listening: exercises
- Writing: exercises
- Sociocultural material: presentation
Complete Estonian Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Mare Kitsnik is simultaneously a freelance teacher of Estonian as a second language and a freelance author of Estonian study materials and training programmes. Many of her study guides have been published. Leelo Kingiseppis a highly experienced teacher and teacher-trainer of Estonian as a second language; he has lectured extensively in this field at university level, and has also taught English and Finnish. Leelo Kingisepp is an established author of many titles aimed at providing guidance to second language teachers, and has written more in-depth Estonian coursebooks and textbooks.