Colloquial Ukrainian - A Complete Course For Beginners
By Stefan Pugh
Updated for 2015 - now with audio download!
Colloquial Ukrainian: The Complete Course for Beginners has been carefully developed by an experienced teacher to provide a step-by-step course to Ukrainian as it is written and spoken today.
Combining a clear, practical and accessible style with a methodical and thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Ukrainian in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Colloquial Ukrainian is exceptional; each unit presents a wealth of grammatical points that are reinforced with a wide range of exercises for regular practice. A full answer key can be found at the back as well as useful vocabulary lists throughout.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Ukrainian is an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Ukrainian.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format here or from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.