Complete Ukrainian Beginner to Intermediate Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Olena Bekh, James Dingley
320-page book (with 40 illustrations) and double CD.
Are you looking for a complete course in Ukrainian which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Ukrainian will guarantee success!
Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but now with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast.
Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of The Ukraine.
- Cyrillic script - there's plenty of help and practice to learn to read and write the script.
- This course is equally suitable for the complete beginner or the person with some knowledge of Ukrainian who is looking for a thorough grounding in understanding, speaking and writing Ukrainian. The topics covered will appeal to those learning for holiday and business purposes.
- This course caters for all learners - complete beginners and those with a smattering of the language.
- Covers a wide range of topics and language structures for learners who want to progress quickly beyond the basics to a level where they can communicate with confidence.
- There is both a Ukrainian-English and an English-Ukrainian vocabulary listing.
- This edition incorporates the latest language learning and teaching techniques.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What's your name?
- Very nice to meet you!
- Do you have a family?
- Hello! I'm calling from London...
- We need to book a room in a hotel
- What's the climate like in Ukraine?
- I have plans to develop trade with Ukraine
- We are flying with Ukrainian Airlines
- Your passport, please
- I'll show you the building
- My friends and I want to have lunch
- I should like to walk the streets of Kyiv
- I have brought proposals for the creation of a joint venture
- I want to call out the doctor
- What's your idea of the perfect wife?
- The train arriving on track number one...
- Here's to the health of our guests!
- See you again, Ukraine!
- Key to the exercises
- Ukrainian-English vocabulary
- Grammatical index
Complete Ukrainian Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Olena Bekhspecializes in teaching Ukrainian to foreigners and has worked at the International Renaissance Foundation, Kyiv. Jim Dingley is Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library and Museum in London.