Complete Brazilian Portuguese Beginner to Intermediate Course
Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself
by Ethel Pereira De Almeida Rowbotham and Sue Tyson-Ward
Complete Brazilian Portuguese is a comprehensive book and audio language course that takes you from beginner to intermediate level.
It is a realistic representation of what visitors to Brazil can expect to see and hear, with useful insights into the way the language is used in practice, plus handy tips to help learners remember new structures. Learners will stay engaged with the entertaining story line of an English person's visit to Brazil, incorporating all the typical scenarios someone might really come across on a visit themselves.
The new edition of this successful course has been fully revised and updated to include current topical and cultural material, all sourced from native origins, 100% new audio, Discovery Method activities, extra listening and speaking practice and fun reading and writing exercises.
Built on solid didactic foundations, its authors have over 40 years' experience between them in teaching Portuguese in classroom and business situations. Complete Brazilian Portuguese has been carefully created in such a way as to gently lead learners up an incline of difficulty, allowing them to assimilate new grammar and structures at a steady pace, while not being spoon-fed too much by giving obvious translations of all the conversational material, as with many other courses.
Key features include:
- 18 learning units plus two review tests, pronunciation section and glossary
- Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
- Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Vocabulary building - thematic lists and activities to help you learn vocabulary quickly
- Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
- Culture notes - learn about the people and places of Brazil
- Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims
- Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavour of real spoken Brazilian Portuguese
- Test Yourself - see and track your own progress