Complete Icelandic Beginner to Intermediate Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Hildur Jonsottir
320-page book (with 40 illustrations) and double CD.
Are you looking for a complete course in Icelandic which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Icelandic will guarantee success!
Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but now with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast.
Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Iceland.
- This is the only Icelandic course with accompanying listening material on CD
- Enjoyable to use - the storyline running through the book keeps new language in context
- Comprehensive - covers a wide range of topics and language structures
Table of Contents:
- 01 Bjorn's family
- 02 Klaus arrives from Germany
- 03 Bjorn shows Klaus around Reykjavik
- 04 Bjorn, Klaus and their friends go to the cinema
- 05 Bjorn and Klaus go to visit Inga
- 06 Klaus and Inga buy some groceries
- 07 Klaus goes to the bank
- 08 Inga helps Klaus look for a flat
- 09 Bjorn, Klaus and Gudrun go to Akureyri over the weekend
- 10 Bjorn and Klaus buy a birthday present for Gudrun
- 11 Klaus starts university
- Icelandic-English vocabulary
- English-Icelandic vocabulary
- Taking it further
Complete Icelandic Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Hildur Jónsdóttir studied Linguistics and Modern Icelandic and has taught Icelandic at the University of Cambridge.
Adults wanting to learn Icelandic or brush up their existing knowledge.