Complete Japanese Beginner to Intermediate Book and Audio Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Helen Gilhooly
Do you want to develop a solid understanding of Japanese and communicate confidently with others?
Through authentic conversations, vocabulary building, grammar explanations and extensive practice and review, Complete Japanese will equip you with the skills you need to use Japanese in a variety of settings and situations, developing your cultural awareness along the way.
What will I achieve by the end of the course?
By the end of Complete Japanese you will have a solid intermediate-level grounding in the four key skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening - and be able to communicate with confidence and accuracy.
Is this course for me?
If you want to move confidently from beginner to intermediate level, this is the course for you. It's perfect for the self-study learner, with a one-to-one tutor, or for the beginner classroom. It can also be used as a refresher course.
What do I get?
- 15 learning units plus verbs reference and word glossary and revision section
- Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
- Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
- Culture notes - learn about the people and places of Japan
- Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims
- Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavor of real spoken Japanese
- Test Yourself - see and track your own progress
*Complete Japanese maps from Novice Low to Advanced Low level proficiency of ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) and from A1 Beginner to B1/B2 Upper Intermediate level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) guidelines.
The audio for this course is available for free on library.teachyourself.com or from the Teach Yourself Library app.
Complete Japanese Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Helen Gilhoolyhas lived and worked in Japan, and has a PGCE and an MA in Japanese. She is a university teacher trainer, language materials writer and senior director at a specialist language college in the UK.