Complete Nepali Beginner to Intermediate Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Michael Hutt, Krishna Pradhan and Abhi Subedi
432-page book (with 40 illustrations) and downloadable audio.
Are you looking for a complete course in Nepali which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Nepali will guarantee success!
Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but now with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast.
Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Nepal.
- Comprehensive - covers a wide range of topics and language structures for learners who want to progress quickly beyond the basics to a level where they can communicate with confidence
- Practice exercises in every unit helps you remember what you've learnt
- This course will appeal to complete beginners as well as those who want to refresh existing knowledge
- There's a special section at the start of the book to help you master the script.
- Recorded material - the recordings will give you a model to help you to get your pronunciation right from the start and to understand what is being said to you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Nepali script and sound system
- Are you Bindi?
- How far is it to Kathmandu?
- How many?
- Whose is it?
- What do you do?
- Give me 25 rupees
- The best I came yesterday
- I'll go when I've eaten
- In the market It seems fine to me
- Where has he gone?
- Dear Raju If it rains...
- I'll go next year
- What should I do?
- You're not allowed in
- I can learn Nepali
- At the doctor's
- The map of Nepal
- I used to smoke
- Shall I make tea?
- If he'd taken the medicine...
- If that's how it is...
- Appendices: cardinal numbers; kinship terms
- Key to the exercises
- Nepali-English glossary
- English-Nepali glossary
The audio for this course and a free essay on Nepali culture is available for free on library.teachyourself.com or from the Teach Yourself Library app.
Complete Nepali: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Michael Huttteaches Nepali and Himalayan Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.Krishna Pradhanteaches Nepali at SOAS. Abhi Subedi is a Nepali poet, playwright and essayist.