Complete Zulu Beginner to Intermediate Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Arnett Wilkes, Nikolias Nkosi
272-page book (with 40 illustrations) and double CD.
Are you looking for a complete course in Zulu which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Zulu will guarantee success!
Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but now with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast.
Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Zulu speakers.
- Comprehensive - teaches all four language skills: listening and speaking, reading and writing
- Cultural notes - to help you get the most out of your studies and any trip to South Africa.
- Practice - there are exercises throughout and four revision units to help you remember what you have learnt.
- Pronunciation - helps with the famous 'clicks' associated with the language.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Pronunciation guide
- How are you?
- Who are you?
- Can you speak English?
- Can I help you?
- Fill up, please
- Ncamsile celebrates her birthday
- Do you have Stoney ginger beer?
- What do you do for a living, James?
- Pleased to meet you, Ron
- Can we have the menu, please?
- Can we order some wine, please?
- Can you direct me to the post office, please?
- Telephone conversation
- Sibongile Vilakazi and his family are having dinner
- Gavin goes to the doctor
- Filling in forms
- Making a hotel reservation
- In the furniture store
- I want to report a burglary
- Mr Maphummulo at the post office
- Key to the exercises
Complete Zulu Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Arnett Wilkes is Professor of Zulu at the University of Pretoria, South Africa. Nikolias Nkosi taught at the University of Pretoria.