Essential Urdu Dictionary: Teach Yourself by Timsal Masud
A contemporary two-way English-Urdu, Urdu-English dictionary that also features language insights to improve understanding, and coverage of the cultural and social evolution of the Urdu language.
Whether you're a school or university student or studying for work or pleasure this is the ultimate Urdu reference dictionary.
This dictionary is aimed at speakers of English who want to learn Urdu.
- Two-way dictionary: Urdu-English, English- Urdu including transliteration throughout.
- 4000 headwords.
- Contains handy sections teaching Urdu script and grammar.
- Insights from the author give extra help and guidance on usage.
- Covers everyday idioms and expressions.
- Includes new terms related to media and internet Urdu.
Written by a university professor with years of teaching experience this dictionary will help support your studies. Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
Essential Urdu Dictionary: Teach Yourself : About the Author
Timsal Masud is a curriculum consultant for the Hindi Urdu Flagship Programme at the University of Austin in Texas where he's involved in the development of multimedia classroom and testing materials. He has MAs in Persian and Urdu literature and a PhD in Urdu from the University of Lucknow in India. He has translated a series of books and lectures (including The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry) and is the author of a number of books on Urdu language and literature.