Get Started in Cantonese Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself by Jacqueline Lam
If you are an absolute beginner or simply looking for a solid foundation to your language studies for school, work or travel, this engaging course will help get you on your way to speaking, writing, reading and understanding Cantonese in no time.
Through culture notes, clear language presentations, and extensive practice and review, you will pick up the Cantonese you need to communicate naturally in everyday situations - from shopping and travelling to food and daily life.
Engaging with our interactive Discovery Method, you'll absorb language rules faster, remember what you learn easily, and put your Cantonese into use with confidence.
Get Started in Cantonese has a learner-centered approach that incorporates the following features:
- Outcomes-based approach - focus your learning with clear goal
- Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
- Discovery method -- figure out rules and patterns for yourself to make the language stick
- Self-check and test yourself - see and assess your own progress
- Personalization - use the language in real situations
Note that this pack includes a book and an MP3 CD-Rom.
About the Author
Jacqueline Lam, PhD, is an applied linguist. Since she moved from Hong Kong to the United Kingdom in 2007, she has been working with such organizations as the Institute of Linguists, the Foreign Office, Oxford University Press, and Cambridge University.