Get Started in Gujarati Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself by Rachel Dwyer
If you are an absolute beginner or simply looking for a solid foundation to your language studies for school, work or travel, this engaging course will help get you on your way to speaking, reading and understanding Gujarati in no time.
Through culture notes, clear language presentations, and extensive practice and review, you will pick up the Gujarati you need to communicate naturally in everyday situations - from shopping and travelling to food and daily life.
Engaging with our interactive Discovery Method, you'll absorb language rules faster, remember what you learn easily, and put your Gujarati into use with confidence.
Get Started in Gujarati has a learner-centered approach that incorporates the following features:
- Outcomes-based approach - focus your learning with clear goals
- Discovery method -- figure out rules and patterns for yourself to aid in understanding and language recall
- 10 easy-to navigate units + review units - be in control of your learning.
- Self-check and Test Yourself - see and assess your own progress
- Personalization - use the language in real situations
Get Started in Gujarati Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author
Rachel Dwyer is Professor of Indian Cultures and Cinema at SOAS, University of London. She took her BA in Sanskrit at SOAS, followed by an MPhil in General Linguistics and Comparative Philology at the University of Oxford. Her PhD research at SOAS was on the Gujarati lyrics of Dayaram (1777-1852). She teaches undergraduate and postgraduate courses in cinema and supervises PhD research on Indian cinema.