Get Started in Mandarin Chinese Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself by Elizabeth Scurfield and Song Lianyi
If you are an absolute beginner or simply looking for a solid foundation to your language studies for school, work or travel, this engaging course will help get you on your way to speaking, reading and understanding Mandarin Chinese in no time.
Through an engaging story line, clear language presentations, and extensive practice and review, you will pick up the Mandarin Chinese you need to communicate naturally in everyday situations - from shopping and travelling to food and daily life.
Engaging with our interactive Discovery Method, you'll absorb language rules faster, remember what you learn easily, and put your Mandarin into use with confidence.
Get Started in Mandarin Chinese has a learner-centered approach that incorporates the following features:
- Outcomes-based approach - focus your learning with clear goals
- Discovery method -- figure out rules and patterns for yourself to aid in understanding and language recall
- 10 easy-to navigate units + review units - be in control of your learning.
- Self-check and Test Yourself - see and assess your own progres
- Personalization - use the language in real situations
About the Author:
Elizabeth Scurfield is a founder of the Chinese Department at the University of Westminster. Song Lianyi is Lecturer in Chinese at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London.