Mastering Arabic Vocabulary and Pronunciation (Palgrave Master Series (Languages)) by Jane Wightwick, Mahmoud Gaafar
This highly illustrated textbook is both a reference and activity book for all beginners and early intermediate students of Arabic. As a reference book, it provides friendly theme-based vocabulary lists to perfect pronunciation through both listening and repetition. As an activity book, it helps absorb and practise vocabulary through a variety of engaging exercises. Each of the units in the book is divided into two sections with the first section suitable for early beginners, and the second section for late beginners or early intermediate students. Each section presents key vocabulary followed by a wide range of activities.
This book assumes a reasonable knowledge of the Arabic script and basic grammar, and is intended for beginners and early intermediate students to back up learning elsewhere. Vocabulary acquisition and pronunciation are both important but sometimes tricky aspects of learning Arabic, and this book aims to help overcome this.
Mastering Arabic Vocabulary and Pronunciation is both a reference and activity book for all beginners and early intermediate students of Arabic. It helps you to develop your vocabulary and practise its pronunciation through theme-based vocabulary lists and a variety of engaging exercises.
Each of the 14 units in the book is divided into two parts. You start by working through the core vocabulary and related activities, and then return to the extension part of the unit at a later stage. If you are confident already, you can complete the core and extension parts together. The whole book will be a useful revision aid.
- All accompanying audio is available free-to-access online in MP3 file format
- The units have a built-in progression so that you feel you are advancing as you move through the book
- The first three units focus on basic vocabulary sets and the pronunciation of individual sounds, while subsequent units focus on a particular theme
- As well as the vocabulary lists and activities, you can find models for the speaking activities on the online audio
- The vocabulary presented in this book is Modern Standard Arabic
Mastering Arabic Vocabulary and Pronunciation (Palgrave Master Series (Languages)) - About the Author
Jane Wightwick and Mahmoud Gaafar share many years' experience in a combination of teaching, educational publishing and commerce in the Arab world.