Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Chinese, Premium Second Edition by Xiaozhou Wu, Feng-Hsi Liu, Rongrong Liao
The go-to guide to Chinese―now with streaming audio of spoken Chinese that dramatically improves your pronunciation skills
From reading and recognizing Chinese script to mastering vocabulary, basic grammar, and sentence structure, Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Chinese provides everything you need to build a solid foundation in this language. Ideal for students looking for reinforcement of instruction in class or from a formal textbook, this workbook provides simplified versions of Chinese characters with the pinyin transliteration, making it easy to read, and all grammar examples have English translations.
Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Chinese features:
- Bite-sized formats for grammar, vocabulary, script, and communication structures make learning a snap
- 150 practice exercises and review units that build comprehension
- English-Chinese and Chinese [Pinyin]-English glossaries
- High-frequency vocabulary lists on a variety of key topics
- New to this edition: 60 minutes of streaming audio recordings for increased listening comprehension and accent improvement
Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Chinese - About the Author(s):
Xiaozhou Wu has been teaching Chinese for more than 20 years and is in the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures at Santa Monica College. Previously taught comparative literature and Chinese at Wichita State University, the University of Iowa, and California State University.
Feng-hsi Liu is the director of the Chinese Language Program at the University of Arizona. She teaches Chinese linguistics and language and received her Ph.D. from UCLA.