Spanish All-in-One For Dummies with CD
Your comprehensive guide to speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish!
Want to speak Spanish? Looking to improve your Spanish skills? Now you can start today with these minibooks, which give you the expert instruction you need to master Spanish basics and beyond. From numbers and vocabulary to common phrases, conversations, and much more, you'll see how to communicate effectively in Spanish and use it in real-life situations. The practical exercises will give you greater confidence — and the bonus CD helps you start speaking Spanish from day one!
- Warm up with the basics — handle greetings and small talk and review pronunciation rules, letters, numbers, and dates
- Speak in everyday settings — handle greetings and small talk, order food and purchase goods, talk on the phone, ask for directions, and deal with emergencies
- Grasp grammar essentials — learn to identify and use the various parts of speech while you conjugate verbs in the simple past, present, and future tense
- Stretch your skills — issue commands with the imperative mood, take action on object pronouns, talk about yourself with the reflexive, and wish and hope with the subjunctive
- Take Spanish to work — communicate with colleagues or customers at the office, tailor phrases to your line of work, and review example workplace scenarios for common professions
Open the book and find:
- Basic and advanced Spanish grammar
- Pronunciation tips and vocabulary charts
- Verb conjugations for regular and irregular verbs
- Masculine and feminine nouns
- Tips for using adjectives, adverbs, and prepositional phrases
- Proper ways to ask questions
- The inside scoop on the key verb haber
- Key phrases for numerous work environments
- Spanish-to-English and English-to-Spanish dictionaries
Bonus CD Includes:
- Features dialogues by native Spanish speakers
- Allows you to hear Spanish as it's really spoken
- Please see the CD appendix for details and complete system requirements.