The Routledge Intermediate Hindi Reader has been specially designed for intermediate and advanced learners of Hindi and comprises a broad selection of graded readings.
The materials have been carefully selected to ensure that students receive exposure to a wide variety of authentic Hindi texts, including news and magazine articles, extracts from social media websites, film dialogues and contemporary Hindi literature.
Each reading is fully supported by:
- pre-reading activities
- notes on cultural references in the text
- a vocabulary list with English translation
- notes on key grammatical points arising from the text
- text-related comprehension questions and vocabulary-based exercises
- suggestions for writing and discussion activities based on the text
- a key to comprehension questions and vocabulary-based exercises
- online support which includes audio recordings and translations of texts, available at http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415601764/
Suitable for both class use and independent study, The Routledge Intermediate Hindi Reader is an essential tool for increasing language proficiency and enriching learners’ cultural knowledge.
About the Authors
Naresh Sharma is Senior Lector in Hindi and Urdu at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London.
Tej K Bhatia is Professor of Linguistics and Director of South Asian Languages at Syracuse University, USA.