The Routledge Intermediate Turkish Reader has been specially designed for intermediate and advanced learners of Turkish and comprises a broad selection of graded readings.
Written by prominent Turkish academics and journalists, the collection of modern texts presented here have been carefully selected to ensure students receive maximum exposure to current political and cultural issues related to Turkey; from gender, ethnicity, religion and social class through to arts and history.
Each reading is fully supported by:
- An introduction written by an expert in the related field
- A vocabulary list with English translation and vocabulary in context
- Short grammar explanations of any difficult structures encountered in the text
- Comprehension questions directly text related, language exercises and subject specific questions to generate class-discussion and essay writing in Turkish
- A key to comprehension questions and language exercises
- A list of suggested further reading (online support).
Suitable for both class use and independent study, The Routledge Intermediate Turkish Reader is an essential tool for increasing language proficiency and enriching the learners’ socio-cultural knowledge of Turkey.
About the Authors
Şenel Symons is a specialist on sociolinguistics and has been teaching Turkish at the University of Oxford, UK, since 2004.