When in Germany, Do as the Germans Do, 2nd Edition by FLIPPO
Transform yourself from a typical tourist into a connoisseur of German culture!
Do you want to travel to Deutschland without feeling like a Dummkopf! To blend in when visiting Berlin? To feel like you belong in Bavaria? When in Germany, Do as the Germans Do makes it simple to navigate the narrow streets of an Alpine village unnoticed or to go to a movie in Munich without turning heads. With this crash course in German customs and heritage, you’ll avoid embarrassing blunders and enrich your travel experience.
Packed with 120 articles, this handy collection of cultural dos and don’ts covers a broad range of topics, including food, art, pop culture, politics, business, entertainment, home life, history, and education. In these pages you’ll find authoritative answers to questions such as:
- At a restaurant, should I find my own table or wait to be seated?
- What is a suitable topic for small talk with a stranger?
- What is the fastest train service in Germany?
- How many varieties of sausage are there?
- What is the unofficial division between north and south Germany called?
- How do Germans usually pay for online purchases?
- What is the main emergency number to call in Germany?
With light-hearted quizzes, links to cool websites, this new edition of When in Germany, Do as the Germans Do has been fully updated to provide insights into all aspects of contemporary German culture, and will delight everyone from students and tourists to armchair travelers and trivia buffs.
When in Germany, Do as the Germans Do, 2nd Edition - About the Author
Hyde Flippo is a German teacher, author, and online guide to the German language for ThoughtCo.com