Willkommen! 2 German Intermediate Course (Course Pack) by Paul Coggle, Heiner Schenke
Improve your German with this intermediate multimedia course for classroom or self-study. Immerse yourself in the culture and language of Germany and achieve a high level of competence at B1 level of the CEFR so you can feel confident in your skills.
Willkommen! 2 Intermediate course is a brand new multimedia German adult learning programme for classroom and home use. The course includes a coursebook, activity book, CD and DVD set.
Created in consultation with teachers and learners, it's the perfect follow-up to the Willkommen! Beginner's course or any beginner German course. It can also be used as a starting point for study to review and build on existing knowledge.
This series comprises 10 units, each with a short educational video that provides an engaging and current overview of German culture and language. Shot on location in Frankfurt, the videos are closely related in topic to each unit in the book, and feature carefully curated interviews (a Green Party councilor with Turkish heritage; two generations of a family running a marble quarry and furniture business; a class of foreign-language students and their teacher; a local couple who hosts travelers from all over the world; an advertising executive who works on the 'Made in Germany' brand for clients such as Lufthansa). Frankfurt's beautiful riverside and historic centre provide the backdrop to the videos. You will visit the GoetheHaus, tour the university campus and sample the delights of the local market. Through the videos, you will be able to enter family homes, cafes and offices, to get a sense of how Germans live and speak today.
This Course Pack contains:
- Full-colour 190-page Coursebook - the primary text for the course.
- CD and DVD set - containing all the conversations and listening activities from the Coursebook plus video content, building on the real-life German used in the course.
The course is full of learning features to help you progress in reading, writing, listening and speaking German. It's designed for classroom use but is also suitable for home study.
- Reviews A1 and then maps from A2 to B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages
- 10 learning units - plus extensive grammar sections and word glossary
- Covers the topics and functions needed for the UK AS-level examination
- Lively and contemporary themes - from food and fashion to travel, work, politics and the environment
- Comprehensive coverage of key grammar and vocabulary - for communicating in a range of common conversational settings
- Range of activities based on authentic materials - to see everyday German in context
- Deutschland info sections - give practical and cultural insights into German life
- CD and DVD Set - contains all the conversations and listening activities from the coursebook plus video content building on the real-life German used in the course
Willkommen! 2 German Intermediate Course (Course Pack) - About the Author
Paul Coggle is an experienced university teacher of German, who has taught courses from beginner to postgraduate level. He was a pioneer in the development and use of multimedia language learning materials at the University of Kent, and has acted as a Language Consultant for the BBC and the University of Cambridge Language Centre. He is series editor for the Teach Yourself language courses.
Heiner Schenke was born in Hanover and is a native speaker of German. He has taught at university level for many years and is Director of the institution-wide language programme at the University of Westminster in London. He is the co-author of the Willkommen! course as well as several other self-study German books.