A Spanish Learning Grammar, Third Edition by Mike Thacker, Pilar Munoz
352 pages, 37 line drawings.
A Spanish Learning Grammar, Third Edition, is an innovative reference grammar and workbook suitable for you, whether you are studying Spanish at intermediate or advanced level.
Its straightforward explanations of grammar are supported by examples with contemporary vocabulary, humorous cartoon drawings, and plentiful, varied exercises, helping you to grasp often complex points of grammar in an enjoyable way.
Its carefully devised two-part structure mirrors the learning process, allowing you to focus on core knowledge first and enabling you to progress confidently to more advanced knowledge at your own pace.
Key features for this third edition include:
- New drawings which illustrate grammar through real-life scenarios
- New vocabulary bringing you up-to-date with Spanish in the digital age
- Re-ordering of the section on verbs, making the tenses easier for you to find
- Online interactive exercises with audio answers, providing you with invaluable listening and pronunciation practice.
To aid your understanding, this third edition of A Spanish Learning Grammar also contains a glossary of grammatical terms, useful verb tables and a key to the exercises.
Written in the belief that grammar is the key to real communication, this is an essential textbook for any student of Spanish.
- Its carefully devised two-part structure mirrors the learning process, allowing you to focus on acquiring core knowledge before confidently progressing to a more advanced understanding of Spanish.
- Revised with new vocabulary, such as topical and technological terms, to bring you up-to-date with Spanish in the digital age.
- A thoroughly revised verbs section, re-organised to make it even quicker for you to find key information on the tenses.
- A revised contents page enables you to make the most of the many features of this new edition.
- A glossary of grammatical terms explains often difficult points of grammar clearly to aid your understanding.
- Useful verb tables help you to grasp complex grammar rules more easily.
- A key to the in-text exercises so you can check your own progress.
- New drawings that illustrate grammar points through real-life scenarios, making grammar fun to learn!
- Free access to online exercises with audio answers, providing you with valuable listening and pronunciation practice.
- Common European Framework (CEFR) Categorisation: B2 - C1
Table of Contents:
Glossary of Grammatical Terms
1 Pronunciation, Accents, Spelling and Punctuation
7 Personal Pronouns
8 Demonstrative Adjectives and Pronouns
9 Possessive Adjectives and Pronouns
10 Relative Clauses
11 Interrogatives and Exclamations
14 Present Tense
15 Future Tense
16 Conditional Tense
17 Perfect Tense
18 Preterite Tense
19 Imperfect Tense
20 The Preterite and Imperfect Tenses Contrasted
21 Compound Tenses
22 The Subjunctive
23 Continuous Forms of the Verb
25 The Imperative
26 Spelling Changes in Verbs
27 Modal Verbs
28 Gustar-type and Impersonal Verbs
29 Ser and Estar
30 Active and Passive
31 Pronominal Verbs
32 The Infinitive
33 The Past Participle
34 The Gerund
39 Diminutives and Augmentatives
40 Word Order
Key to Part I Exercises
Key to Part II Exercises
A Spanish Learning Grammar, Third Edition - About the Author(s):
MIKE THACKER, formerly Director of The Language Centre, University of Surrey, UK.
PILAR MUNOZ, formerly Senior Tutor in the Department of Culture, Media and Communication, University of Surrey, UK.