Colloquial Dutch - The Complete Course for Beginners, 3rd Edition
Colloquial Dutch provides a step-by-step course in Dutch as it is written and spoken today.
Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Dutch in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- A clear, user-friendly format designed to help learners progressively build up their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- Jargon-free, succinct and clearly structured explanations of grammar
- An extensive range of focused and dynamic supportive exercises
- Realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of narrative situations
- Helpful cultural points explaining the customs and features of life in The Netherlands
- An overview of the sounds of Dutch.
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Dutch is an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Dutch.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format here or from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.