Complete Cantonese Beginner to Intermediate Course
Learn to read, write, speak, and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Hugh Baker and Ho Pui-Kei
Complete Cantonese is a comprehensive book and audio language course that takes you from beginner to intermediate level.
The new edition of this successful course has been fully revised and is packed with new learning features to give you the language, practice and skills to communicate with confidence.
- Maps from A1 to B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages
- 22 learning units plus four review sections and grammar summary
- Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
- Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
- Culture notes - learn about the people and places of Hong Kong and Southern China
- Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims
- Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavour of real spoken Cantonese
- Test Yourself - see and track your own progress
In this pack you'll get a 448-page book and two CDs of audio learning material (160 minutes)
Complete Cantonese Beginner to Intermediate Course - Learn to read, write, speak, and understand a new language with Teach Yourself - About the Authors:
Hugh Baker taught Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, for 36 years.
P.K. Ho teaches Cantonese as a foreign language in Hong Kong.