Complete Japanese Beginner to Intermediate Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Helen Gilhooly
366-page book (with 40 illustrations) and double CD.
Are you looking for a complete course in Japanese which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Japanese will guarantee success!
Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but now with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work.
By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features:
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding.
Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking.
Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast.
Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Japan.
- This is the only Japanese course with accompanying listening material on CD
- Enjoyable to use - the storyline running through the book keeps new language in context
- Comprehensive - covers a wide range of topics and language structures
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- About the course
- Pronunciation guide
- Unit 1: How do you do?
- I’m called Robert Franks
- Unit 2: I watch TV everyday
- Unit 3: Let’s do some shopping!
- Unit 4: Where is the cinema?
- Unit 5: That person is famous you know!
- Unit 6: How was your trip?
- Unit 7: I want to be an astronaut!
- Unit 8: I like living a Japanese lifestyle!
- End of section 1
- Unit 9: On Saturdays I get up at about 10 and have a leisurely breakfast
- Unit 10: What are you doing at the moment?
- Unit 11: Before we drink this wine, let’s drink something like beer!
- Unit 12: Let’s have a go at reading katakana!
- Unit 13: I have had the experience of living abroad
- Unit 14: I’m thinking of going to America next year
- Unit 15: Please don’t go into that meeting room
- Unit 16: End of Section 2
- Unit 17: Intransitive and transitive verb pairs
- Unit 18: Modifying nouns
- Unit 19: Causative and passive
- Unit 20: Conditional
- Unit 21: Introduction to honorific language
- Unit 22: Review of section 3
Complete Japanese Book/CD Pack: Teach Yourself - About the Author(s):
Helen Gilhooly has lived and worked in Japan, and has a PGCE and an MA in Japanese. She is a university teacher trainer, language materials writer and senior director at a specialist language college in the UK.