Latin Verb Drills by Richard Prior
The key to learning the Latin verb system
Latin’s precision stems in part from its complex verb system, and if you want to learn to read and write in Latin with confidence, you will have to master Latin verb usage. But for many learners, verb conjugation is the biggest hurdle to language mastery. If that describes you, this is one book you don’t want to be without.
Combining all the best features of a reference, a self-study manual, and a workbook, Latin Verb Drills includes a variety of powerful features that make mastering Latin verb conjugations easier than ever. In clear, concise terms, this book simplifies the complexities of the Latin verb system and provides you with:
- Numerous exercises that demonstrate how the Latin verb system works
- An answer key that provides instant clarification of any concept
- An index that lists all verbs covered, giving you instant access to the correct forms when you need them
Whether used as a supplement to a formal Latin course or as a self-teaching aid, Latin Verb Drills will help you quickly build the knowledge and skills you need to read and write in the language of Cicero and Caesar. Its all-drills format provides you with intensive practice in all aspects of the Latin verb system, including:
- Regular verbs in the present, imperfect, future, perfect, and pluperfect tenses
- The passive present and passive perfect voices
- Deponent verbs, participles, and gerunds
- Imperative and subjunctive moods Irregular verbs
Latin Verb Drills - About the Author
Richard E. Prior, Ph.D., is an associate professor of classics at Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina.