Complete Latin American Spanish Beginner to Intermediate Course: Learn to read, write, speak and understand a new language with Teach Yourself by Juan Kattan-Ibarra
Complete Latin American Spanish is a comprehensive book and audio language course that takes you from beginner to intermediate level.
The new edition of this successful course has been fully revised and is packed with new learning features to give you the language, practice and skills to communicate with confidence.
- Maps from A1 to B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages
- 13 learning units plus grammar guide and A-Z word glossary
- Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
- Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
- Culture notes - learn about the people and places of Latin America
- Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims
- Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavour of real Latin American Spanish accents
- Test Yourself - see and track your own progress
In this pack you'll get a 336-page book and two CDs of audio learning material (160 minutes).
Teach Yourself Complete Latin American Spanish - About the Author(s):
Juan Kattán-Ibarra is an experienced teacher of Spanish and the author of a number of best-selling Spanish courses. He graduated as a teacher from the University of Chile (1965) and, with an American scholarship, obtained an M.A. in Education from Michigan State University (1966). A British Council scholarship took him to the UK in 1972, where he obtained a postgraduate Diploma in Education from Manchester University (1973) and an M.A. in Education from the Institute of Education, University of London (1974).
He began his Spanish teaching career in the UK in 1975, working at a number of higher education institutions over the years and acting as an examiner in Spanish for the University of London School Examinations Board and the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry. In 1986 he moved to Spain where he lived for many years.
Juan Kattán-Ibarra's first Spanish language course was published in 1978, as one of the first stages of a writing career which continues to this day. His current titles in the Teach Yourself series include Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Spanish Grammar and Phone Spanish (Hodder Education) and he is the co-author of Teach Yourself Speak Spanish and Spanish Grammar in Context (Hodder Education), Modern Spanish Grammar and Modern Spanish Grammar Workbook (Routledge), Sueños - World Spanish 2 (BBC). Some of his books in the Teach Yourself series have been successfully adapted for use in other countries, among them France and Germany. His publications in the United States include Conversational Spanish, Perspectivas culturales de España and Perspectivas culturales de Hispanoamérica (McGraw-Hill).