De viaje por el mundo hispano - Cristina M. Alegre Palazón, Leonor Quarello Demarcos
De viaje por el mundo hispano takes students on a cultural journey to explore Spanish-speaking countries. Each unit – or thematic route – offers both a section dedicated to Spain, and one dedicated to Central and South America, offering a varied and heterogeneous overview of the two continents.
The volume is divided into six units:
- Ciudades y Países
- Identidad, Economía e Instituciones
- Cultura y Arte
- Sociedad Hoy
Within each unit several topics are discussed, providing a critical insight into similarities and differences between Spain and the Americas, through texts, documents, curiosities, eating habits and recipes and cultural insights. To aid understanding, the texts are accompanied by a monolingual glossary. At the end of each unit, there is a wide range of exercises enabling students to check their understanding. These include: listening comprehension activities, vocabulary, writing, as well as speaking. After each unit, the section "Leer para aprender" offers a selection of significant Spanish literature and Latin texts all with activities. Finally, the volume includes the physical and political maps of Spain, Central and South America and thematic routes are suggested.
- 6 thematic routes
- each unit is divided between Spain and Central and South America
- dossier sections that stimulate the curiosity of newspapers and cultural aspects
- two pages devoted to literature In each stage
- support activities in the four skills
- particular attention given to expanding lexical competence
- audio CD with listening exercises