Containing twelve pieces of contemporary fiction in the original French and in English translation. Including stories by Bolanger, Cotnoir, Le Clezio and Germain, this volume gives a fascinating insight into French culture and literature as well as providing an invaluable educational tool.
- Learning How to Live - Frederic Fajardie (1947- )
- All Lights Off - Frederic Fajardie (1947- )
- David - Jean-Marie-Gustave Le Clezio (1940- )
- The Occupation of the Ground - Jean Echenoz (1947- )
- The Third-rate Film - Sylvie Massicotte (1959- )
- The Objet d'Art - Jean-Paul Daoust (1946- )
- The Hunters' Cafe - Daniel Boulanger (1922- )
- Accursed Notebooks (an extract from La Deconvenue) - Louise Cotnoir (1948- )
- Heloise - Sylvie Germain (1954- )
- The Character - Gloria Escomel (1941- )
- Self-destruction - Rene Belletto (1945- )
- You Never Die - Alain Gerber (1950- )
- Notes on French Texts
Third book in the Penguin French Parallel Text series.