New Penguin Parallel Text: Short Stories in French
The book contains around ten short stories or excerpts by contemporary authors presented on the left page, with a full English translation on the facing page. This enables you to read through the text and check yourself on any words or phrases that you might not have quite understood and makes these books a great tool for language learners!
- Short stories to keep your interest
- Full translation in English
- Notes on certain sections
- Ideal for intermediate learners
Containing twelve pieces of contemporary fiction in the original French and in English translation. Including stories by Bolanger, Cotnoir, Le Clezio and Germain, this volume gives a fascinating insight into French culture and literature as well as providing an invaluable educational tool.
- Learning How to Live - Frederic Fajardie (1947- )
- All Lights Off - Frederic Fajardie (1947- )
- David - Jean-Marie-Gustave Le Clezio (1940- )
- The Occupation of the Ground - Jean Echenoz (1947- )
- The Third-rate Film - Sylvie Massicotte (1959- )
- The Objet d'Art - Jean-Paul Daoust (1946- )
- The Hunters' Cafe - Daniel Boulanger (1922- )
- Accursed Notebooks (an extract from La Deconvenue) - Louise Cotnoir (1948- )
- Heloise - Sylvie Germain (1954- )
- The Character - Gloria Escomel (1941- )
- Self-destruction - Rene Belletto (1945- )
- You Never Die - Alain Gerber (1950- )
- Notes on French Texts
Third book in the Penguin French Parallel Text series.