Short Stories in Italian for Intermediate Learners: Read for pleasure at your level, expand your vocabulary and learn Italian the fun way! (Foreign Language Graded Reader Series) by Olly Richards
An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young adult and adult intermediate learners of Italian.
Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work - and you will too! - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in Italian for Intermediate Learners has been written specifically for students from a low-intermediate to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, and most importantly - enjoyment! Mapped to B1-B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories will both entertain you, and give you a feeling of progress when reading.
What does this book give you?
- Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
- Controlled language at your level to help you progress confidently
- Realistic spoken dialogues to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
- Beautiful illustrations accompanying each story, to set the scene and support your understanding
- Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
- Pleasure! Research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
With intriguing plots that will spark your imagination and keep you reading, Short Stories in Italian will take your grasp of Italian to the next level with key features to support and consolidate your progress, including:
- A glossary for bolded words in each text
- A bilingual word list
- Full plot summary
- Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language all without ever feeling overwhelmed. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Italian for Intermediate Learners uses reading as the perfect tool to not only delight in learning Italian, but to accelerate your journey towards fluency.
Short Stories in Italian for Intermediate Learners - About The Author
Olly Richards speaks eight languages and is the man behind the popular blog: I Will Teach You A Language. He started learning his first foreign language at age 19, when he bought a one-way ticket to Paris...
With no exposure to languages growing up, and no special talent to speak of, he had to figure out how to learn a foreign language from scratch. Fifteen years later, Olly has studied ten languages and has decided to reveal how he accomplished his goal of learning foreign languages quickly.
Although he started the I Will Teach You A Language blog in order to document his latest language learning experiments, his useful and actionable writing quickly transformed the blog into one of the most popular sources of language learning advice on the web.
He now produces language books and courses across a variety of mediums with the goal of helping other people to successfully learn a new language. Collaborators include Teach Yourself, Open University, European Commission, and many more.