I cento passi / Johnny Stecchino - Film Workbook by A.Serio, E. Meloni.
Educational activities for Italian learners. Advanced level (C1-C2)
Cinema Italia is a series on Italian cinema for students of all levels. Each booklet presents two films sharing the same or similar topics.
The third volume presents two films set in Sicily, where the world of mafia has an 'invisible' but real and tangible effect on people's lives. I cento passi, by famous director Marco Tullio Giordana, paints a faithful portrait of Sicily in the 70s, and of a generation full of hopes and dreams; Johnny Stecchino, starring and directed by Roberto Benigni, tells the funny story of a naive school bus driver whose identity gets mixed up with that of a dangerous mobster.
The Cinema Italia series:
- aims at developing student's language skills and vocabulary, through the analysis of Italian films of our great classical and contemporary repertoire.
- presents three sections for each film: before, during and after the viewing.
- offers a wide range of comprehension, listening and writing activities also covering socio-cultural aspects.
- offers further educational material, to deepen and expand the themes of the films.
- includes the key to the activities, often with exhaustive comments on the film, in order to facilitate self-learning.