Pragmática del español contexto, uso y variación, 1st Edition By J. César Félix-Brasdefer
Pragmática del español: contexto, uso y variación introduces the central topics in pragmatics and discourse from a sociolinguistic perspective.
Pragmatic variation is addressed within each topic, with examples from different varieties of Spanish spoken in Latin America, Spain and the United States. Key topics include:
- speech acts in context and deictic expressions
- implicit meaning and inferential communication
- intercultural competence in study abroad contexts
- pragmatics and computer-mediated discourse
- politeness and impoliteness in the Spanish-speaking world
- the pragmatics of Spanish among US heritage speakers
- the teaching and learning of pragmatics.
A companion website provides additional exercises and a corpus of Spanish data for student research projects. A sample syllabus and suggestions for further reading help instructors tailor the material to a one-semester course or as a supplement to introduction to Hispanic linguistics courses.
This is an ideal resource for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students, at level B2–C2 of the Common European Framework for Languages, and Intermediate High–Advanced High on the ACTFL proficiency scales.
Pragmática del español contexto, uso y variación, 1st Edition - About the Author
J. César Félix-Brasdefer is Full Professor of Spanish and Linguistics at Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.