Dutch: An Essential Grammar (Tenth Edition) by William Z. Shetter and Esther Ham
Now in its 10th edition, Dutch: An Essential Grammar is a reference guide to the most important aspects of modern Dutch as it is used by native speakers.
- A brand new chapter on negation;
- A user-friendly style to ensure all elements of the language that are of particular difficulty to English speakers are adequately explained;
- ‘Let’s Try That’ sections in each chapter containing sample exercises;
- More examples and cross-referencing throughout, and a comprehensive glossary and index at the back of the book;
- Full use of examples given throughout illustrating modern usage.
Dutch: An Essential Grammar is the ideal reference source both for those studying Dutch independently and for students in colleges, universities and adult classes.
About the author(s)
Bruce Donaldson is a former lecturer in Dutch and German at the University of Melbourne, Australia. He is the author of Colloquial Dutch and Colloquial Dutch 2, Colloquial Afrikaans, German: An Essential Grammar and Mastering German Vocabulary (all published by Routledge)